PMH has 3 theatres namely; – THEATRE .1
– THEATRE .2
- Theatres 1 and 2 are equipped and fully operational while theatre 3 is non- operational as it is yet to be equipped fully.
- Theatre 1 operates on 24 hour basis
- While theatre 2 operates on 12hour basis.
Staff working in the theatre include:
- 25 Nurses
- 3 consultants
- 5 Medical officers(Surgeons)
- 3 Anaesthetic consultants.
- 6 Clinical officers anaesthetic
1. C-Section: this include 15 -20 cases per day. Such cases are categorized into; – Emergency cases
2. Exploration and anaesthesia
3. Repairs (tears) – such include;
B) .Perennial tears
4. Hysterectomy (Emergency cases only)
Health Records Department
PMH has a records department which is concerned with storing patient records.Among the records stored include;
- Report records
- Birth records
- General files
- Birth notifications
- Coding and Indexing
- Admission records: – Generation of patient files.
-Documenting in the admissions book
- Birth records: – Issuance of birth notifications of all babies.
-Processing of late birth registration for those not issued with birth notifications.
- General files;- Filling all the patient files after being discharged
-Filling all maternal death files.
- Coding and indexing; – Coding and indexing of patient files before filing.
Reports records: – Uploading data into (DHIS) on monthly basis.
-Doing data cleanup
– Doing data validation.
- Clinic preparations –preparing ANA files and booking of files.