THE PUMWANI MATERNITY HOSPITAL PHARMACY
QUALITY MEDICINES BY PROFESSIONAL PERSONNEL
Manned by highly qualified professional staff with specialized certifications, The Pumwani Maternity Hospital pharmacy prides in the quality of professional services offered to clients. The pharmacy is committed to providing efficient services to both in-patients and outpatients to be opened soon, whilst ensuring that treatment is safe and appropriate. We dispense quality medicines at our pharmacy. Before stocking, medicines undergo a vetting and approval process by an in- house committee, The Medicines and Therapeutic Committee; a body that plays a vital governance, policy and support role for medicine use processes within the Hospital. The Hospital procures all medicines and medical supplies only from KEMSA and registered suppliers thereby guaranteeing our patients quality medicines at all times, especially in light of the risk of counterfeit and substandard products in the industry.
We dispense medicines on valid prescriptions; both for patients seen within the Hospital and also for patients seen by doctors outside the Hospital. Patient with prescriptions written by doctors from outside Kenya may have their prescriptions rewritten by our doctors and consultants and dispensed in our pharmacy.
The Pumwani Maternity Hospital prides in our commitment to offer a 100% prescription fill for our clients. The Hospital continuously relooks at her processes to ensure that they deliver all prescribed medicines. Moreover, the institution in close consultation with the Pharmacy & Poisons Board on essential drugs.
PATIENT SUPPORT SERVICES AND RESOURCES
The Pumwani Maternity Hospital Pharmacy offers drug information to our patients, doctors and other healthcare providers free of charge. Patient education is at the heart of our drug information service.
PHARMACY SERVICE CHARTER
• To dispense your prescription medicines within 15 minutes of presenting your prescription
• To ensure 100% prescription fill
• To explain instructions on medication use in language you understand
• To anticipate and explain any delays
• To treat you with dignity and respect
• To accord you privacy during consultation
• To handle your information with confidentiality
• To provide you with a channel to give feedback about our services.
You will be expected:
• To present a valid prescription
• To provide full and accurate information
• To follow the recommended treatment instructions
• To contact your doctor or pharmacist for clarification on treatment
• To show respect and consideration for other patients and staff
• To settle your financial obligations when requested.
The pharmacy is accessible for enquiries and information on the following numbers:
Chief Pharmacist – 0721314247
Main Pharmacy – 0712764734
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION FEEDBACK
Customer satisfaction is our ultimate goal. At the pharmacy, there is a suggestion box with customer satisfaction questionnaires on site. Every time you visit us, kindly let us know about your experience with our service to you by filling in these questionnaires. We are glad to receive both your compliments and your complaints. Incase our service does not meet your expectation and you let us know, we will get in touch with you for discussion on our shortcomings and how we could improve on our services. We value your feedback.